|1½||pounds large sea scallops, side muscles removed|
|1||teaspoon coarse kosher salt|
|4||tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|4||large green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated|
|1||12 ounce container cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes|
|4||tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided|
|3||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2||teaspoon mild Spanish paprika (Pimentón dulce) or Hungarian sweet paprika|
- Rinse and drain scallops; pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallops; sauté until browned outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallops to plate; cover.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet; add white parts of green onions and sauté until almost tender, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and green parts of onions and sauté until tomatoes begin to burst and release juices, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice and paprika.
- Return scallops and any accumulated juices to skillet and stir just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Transfer scallop mixture to platter.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.