6 wild Alaska salmon fillets, 6 ounces each, bone and skin removed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons sesame’ olive oil
1/3 cup dry mustard powder
1/2 cup honey
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon tamari
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup of brown mustard
½ cup of orange juice
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1. Prepare a charcoal grill.
2. When charcoal is hot and has a coat of ash, spread around the coals to create an even heat source.
3. Season the salmon filets with salt on both sides.
4. Place the fish on the grill and cover with either the grill lid or a stainless steel bowl. Grill for approximately 8–10 minutes without turning.
5. Meanwhile, mix the oil, mustard powder, brown mustard, honey, water, soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, and parsley and tamari to a thick glaze. During the last 3–4 minutes, brush fish with the glaze.
6. Turn filets on the grill and replace cover until salmon is finished cooking.
7. Serve each piece with a simple green salad or seasonal grilled vegetables for a delicious meal.
Baby bok Choy, halved
1 Bunch scallions, bulbs removed, sliced and reserved
½ Cup roasted red bell pepper
½ Cup water chestnuts, julienned
10 Grilled Salmon fillets
1 Cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tsp sesame seed oil
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 Cup fresh ginger, minced
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
¼ Cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 Cup sugar
- On a preheated char grill mark baby bok choy on both sides,
Be careful not to leave it on too long, you don’t want it to cook fully.
- Next, char your scallions, remove from the grill and rough chop and set aside;
- Combine both of these with the red bell peppers and water chestnuts in a bowl.
- In a high speed blender, emulsify remaining liquid ingredients with sugar.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, along with reserved sliced scallion bulbs.
- Cook the salmon filets as directed.
- Next, toss your salad ingredients with the vinaigrette.
- Place 1 cup of the dressed salad on the plate with 1 salmon filet atop.Serve with a side of steamed rice.
Bow Ties with Salmon and Asparagus
||cups bow tie pasta
||chicken bouillon cube
||cup dry white wine
||pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch lengths
||pound salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
||cup fat free sour cream
||tablespoons whole grain mustard
||teaspoon freshly ground pepper
||tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives