New Mexican Rubbed Pork Loin with Bourbon Ancho Sauce
2 T Ancho Powder
2 T Pasilla Pepper Powder
2 T Light Brown Sugar
2 T Allspice
2 T Cinnamon
5 C Apple Juice Concentrate
5 C Chicken Stock
3 Ancho Peppers
1 Large Red Onion
2 C Bourbon
1 C Brown Sugar
- Rub a Pork Loin with oil and salt and the rub mixture.
- Sear on a hot grill to an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Combine apple juice and chicken stock.
- Boil ancho peppers, remove seeds, chop in blender and add to stock mixture.
- Saute onion and add to Bourbon. Reduce until almost all liquid is gone.
- Add Bourbon/onion reduction to stock
- Add 1 C Brown sugar and reduce by 1/2.
- Serve with sliced pork on Hawaiian rolls.
Chef Alec Naman and Chef Tom Houle won Best Entree with this recipe in the People’s Choice at the Chef’s Challenge sponsored by the Bay Area Food Bank!