|5||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||red bell pepper, cut into 1/3 inch dice|
|4½||teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|4||ounces haricots verts or slender green beans, trimmed, cut into 1/3 inch dice|
|1||cup fresh corn kernels (cut from 2 ears of corn)|
|4||skinless boneless chicken breast halves|
|4||thin slices country ham or prosciutto (each about 6×3 inches)|
|1/2||cup all purpose flour|
|2||tablespoons whipping cream|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion; sauté until beginning to soften, 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, 1½ teaspoons thyme and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add beans; sauté until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini; sauté until all vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in corn; remove from heat.
- Cover cutting board with large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Arrange chicken, smooth side up, on plastic wrap, spacing several inches apart.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3 teaspoons thyme, then pepper.
- Place 1 ham slice on each chicken breast, trimming so edges extend slightly over chicken.
- Place another sheet of plastic wrap atop chicken breasts.
- Using meat mallet or rolling pin, pound evenly so scant 1/2 inch thickness.
- Turn chicken over and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, then flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium high heat.
- Divide chicken between skillets, ham side up and cook until cooked through, 4 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; cover.
- Rewarm succotash over medium-high heat, stirring with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to plates, ham side up.
- Spoon succotash alongside.