3 teaspoon organic extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
2 New York strip steaks, 12 ounces each
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- In a small bowl, whisk together two teaspoons of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the steaks in a container just large enough to hold them.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the steaks and rub in well over both sides.
- Allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum 30 minutes or up to two hours.
- Grill steaks for five minutes per side, until desired doneness is reached.
- While steaks are grilling, sauté mushrooms with a pinch of salt over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for five minutes, or until mushrooms have given up most of their liquid.
- Add the blue cheese and stir to blend.
- If desired, season the mushrooms with fresh ground black pepper.
- When the steaks are ready, smother with mushrooms and blue cheese.