New Mexican Rubbed Pork Loin with Bourbon Ancho Sauce
2 T Ancho Powder
2 T Pasilla Pepper Powder
2 T Light Brown Sugar
2 T Allspice
2 T Cinnamon
5 C Apple Juice Concentrate
5 C Chicken Stock
3 Ancho Peppers
1 Large Red Onion
2 C Bourbon
1 C Brown Sugar
- Rub a Pork Loin with oil and salt and the rub mixture.
- Sear on a hot grill to an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Combine apple juice and chicken stock.
- Boil ancho peppers, remove seeds, chop in blender and add to stock mixture.
- Saute onion and add to Bourbon. Reduce until almost all liquid is gone.
- Add Bourbon/onion reduction to stock
- Add 1 C Brown sugar and reduce by 1/2.
- Serve with sliced pork on Hawaiian rolls.