|8||ounces 90% lean ground beef|
|blend of provolone, asiago, parmesan, romano|
|1/2||cup cracker crumbs|
|1/4||cup bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup green onions|
|1/4||cup chopped celery|
|Chicken broth to mix well|
- Combine all the ingredients above in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use just enough chicken broth to moisten the meat mixture.
- Clip points off artichokes leaves. Barely trim off bottom of stalk, leaving stalk intact. Soak in salted water, gently loosening leaves. Do not remove choke.
- Drain and stuff each leaf with 1/2 teaspoon meat mixture.
- Place stuffed artichoke on stand in pot. Add water just covering shortest stalk, not touching stuffed leaves. Drizzle oil over stuffed leaves.
- Steam for about 45 minutes covered. When a center leaf comes out easily, uncover.
- To serve, cut off stalk at bottom of artichoke, and place on plate. Generously dust with paprika.
May be served as an appetizer by using an electric knife to cut in quarters and serve cut side down and dust with paprika.
Makes 1 Artichoke