Clean food is good food! Many of our favorite menu items are good for you as well as delicious! Planning an event and want to work with a special menu? Let’s do i!
Alec Naman from Naman’s Catering is back in the Studio 10 kitchen with this delicious creamy dish! It combines spicy shrimp with plenty of veggies in a rich, flavorful sauce.
2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp (21-25 ct)
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped purple onion
2 cups artichoke hearts
2 cups white wine
1 cup olive oil
1 stick butter
1 quart heavy cream
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup flour
Rice or pasta for serving (cooked)
In a large skillet, sauté onions, bell peppers and mushrooms in 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2 cup olive oil until tender (4-5 minutes).
Add the white wine and let reduce by half. Add the minced garlic, thyme, basil, black pepper and cayenne, and continue cooking 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, coating everything generously until all liquids are absorbed.
Slowly add the heavy cream, stirring constantly until desired thickness. Fold in the artichoke hearts and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
In a separate skillet, add the other 1/2 stick of butter and the 1/2 cup olive oil, and add shrimp to sauté. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice. Cook approximately 4-5 minutes and add to cream sauce, including all shrimp juices.
Serve over your favorite pasta or rice.
|8||ounces 90% lean ground beef|
|blend of provolone, asiago, parmesan, romano|
|1/2||cup cracker crumbs|
|1/4||cup bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup green onions|
|1/4||cup chopped celery|
|Chicken broth to mix well|
- Combine all the ingredients above in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use just enough chicken broth to moisten the meat mixture.
- Clip points off artichokes leaves. Barely trim off bottom of stalk, leaving stalk intact. Soak in salted water, gently loosening leaves. Do not remove choke.
- Drain and stuff each leaf with 1/2 teaspoon meat mixture.
- Place stuffed artichoke on stand in pot. Add water just covering shortest stalk, not touching stuffed leaves. Drizzle oil over stuffed leaves.
- Steam for about 45 minutes covered. When a center leaf comes out easily, uncover.
- To serve, cut off stalk at bottom of artichoke, and place on plate. Generously dust with paprika.
May be served as an appetizer by using an electric knife to cut in quarters and serve cut side down and dust with paprika.
Makes 1 Artichoke